Call us for great deals on Gilera motorcycle insurance!
This classic motorcycles company was founded by fresh-faced 22 year old Giuseppe Gilera, who first harnessed his own designed twin overhead valve engine to a bicycle frame to create the VT317 vintage motorcycle in 1909.
By the 30s, and with the rights to Rondine’s four cylinder engine stashed in the company safe, Gilera successfully entered the racing bike arena, an experience which caused the production of the legendary 500cc roadster Saturno vintage racing bike for sale. A short-lived version of the latter, the Nuovo Saturno, arrived in 1989 and despite being a looker, performer and tapping into an appetite for lower powered sporty types fuelled by the Japanese, ceased production in 1993. Today Gilera is best known for scooters, currently including its loveably agile 500c three-wheeled Fuoco scooter for sale.
Where? Originally Arcore in Italy’s Lombardy region but Piaggio, who bought the company in 1969, closed the factory in 1993 and moved production to Pontedera, in Tuscany.
What? Maxi-scooters, Mopeds, Off-roaders, Scooters, Sports, Supermotards.
Website? Click for the official Gilera motorcycles website.
- Legal expenses included – covers up to £100,000 of legal fees & expenses
- Independent expertise- we’ll work hard to find you the best bike insurance quote from our panel of specialist insurers.
- Discounts – save through owners club membership, approved security or advanced riding qualifications.
- Easy payment options*
* For new policies initial 10% payment required, then 10 monthly direct debits. For renewals 10 monthly direct debits. Interest payable. Please ask for details. Terms and conditions apply to security, advanced riding and owners club discounts. Please ask for details..
- Specialist schemes – motoring convictions, limited mileage, imported Chinese motorbikes, born again bikers.
- Instant cover
- Experts in custom and classic motorcycle insurance.
FOR A GREAT QUOTE call 0330 024 0087
For the best quote chat to our friendly and informed UK-based call centre team
the principal call centre team - AT YOUR SERVICE
- An independent broker, we source the best quotes from the UK’s leading specialist insurers.
- With no call length targets, our experts take the time to find you the best deal.
- We’re here to help – with dedicated claims and customer service support.
- Our freephone quotes hotline open weekdays 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm.