Giovanni Casiglioni first founded Cagiva in 1950 as a component manufacturer before beginning motorcycles manufacture in 1978.
Where? The foothills of the Italian Alps in the city of Varese. It was here that CAGIVA first produced a couple of wicked custom cycles before acquiring a factory from AMF Harley-Davidson which, within a year, was turning out 40,000 HD Cagiva branded bikes annually. The 150 strong workforce initially produced eight two-stroke models of between 350-1000cc. By 1983 the company had secured an engine supply deal with Ducati and later bought the marque alongside Husqvarna and Moto Morini, plus trademark rights to the MV Augusta brand. Long story short, it divested itself of Ducati and Husqvarna, Harley-Davidson acquired the now MV Augusta parented operation before selling it back to Cagiva. Having furnished Valentino Rossi with his first ever bike, the two-stroke 125c Mito, later producing high-powered version of the model alongside its Alazzurra, Elefant, Grand Canyon and Raptor machines
What? Adventures, Nakeds, Roadsters, Sports, Scooters.
Website? Click for the official Cagiva website.
- Independent expertise- we’ll work hard to find you the best bike insurance quote from our panel of specialist insurers.
- Discounts – save through owners club membership, approved security or advanced riding qualifications.
- Easy payment options*
* For new policies initial 10% payment required, then 10 monthly direct debits. For renewals 10 monthly direct debits. Interest payable. Please ask for details. Terms and conditions apply to security, advanced riding and owners club discounts. Please ask for details..
- Specialist schemes – motoring convictions, limited mileage, imported Chinese motorbikes, born again bikers.
- Instant cover
- Experts in custom and classic motorcycle insurance.
FOR A GREAT QUOTE call 0330 024 0087
For the best quote chat to our friendly and informed UK-based call centre team
the principal call centre team - AT YOUR SERVICE
- An independent broker, we source the best quotes from the UK’s leading specialist insurers.
- With no call length targets, our experts take the time to find you the best deal.
- We’re here to help – with dedicated claims and customer service support.
- Our freephone quotes hotline open weekdays 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm.