Founded in 1983 by University of Pittsburgh Engineering graduate, former Harley-Davidson engineer and ex-AMA Superbike and F1 racer, Erik Buell.
Where? Buell custom motorcycles were produced in East Troy, Wisconsin, firstly as an independent manufacturer and then, from 2003, under the stewardship of Harley-Davidson, an obvious partner given Erik’s personal history and the company’s exploitation of H-D’s XR1000 Sportster engines. Hard hit by the financial crisis Harley closed this famous custom motorcycles builders Buell in 2009 but not before Erik had gifted the world such wicked custom cycles as the inaugural two-stroke Barton engine Buell RW750 and successor Road Warrior, 1987s XR1000 RR100 Battle Twin. Other triumphs followed before Harley brought the shutters down, such as the RS120, the first street bike to boast inverted front forks. Immediately following closure Erik launched Erik Buell Racing, producing the Buell 1125R sportsbike and later the bored-out 1190RS and successor 1190SX. Sadly though EBR too fell in receivership in April 2015.
What? Sportsbikes, Superbikes.
Website? Click for the official Erik Bueller Racing website.
- Independent expertise- we’ll work hard to find you the best bike insurance quote from our panel of specialist insurers.
- Discounts – save through owners club membership, approved security or advanced riding qualifications.
- Easy payment options*
* For new policies initial 10% payment required, then 10 monthly direct debits. For renewals 10 monthly direct debits. Interest payable. Please ask for details. Terms and conditions apply to security, advanced riding and owners club discounts. Please ask for details..
- Specialist schemes – motoring convictions, limited mileage, imported Chinese motorbikes, born again bikers.
- Instant cover
- Experts in custom and classic motorcycle insurance.
FOR A GREAT QUOTE call 0330 024 0087
For the best quote chat to our friendly and informed UK-based call centre team
the principal call centre team - AT YOUR SERVICE
- An independent broker, we source the best quotes from the UK’s leading specialist insurers.
- With no call length targets, our experts take the time to find you the best deal.
- We’re here to help – with dedicated claims and customer service support.
- Our freephone quotes hotline open weekdays 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm.