An unintended consequence of Germany’s signing of the Treaty of Versailles was the creation of one of the world’s greatest motorcycles (and car) marques – BMW.
Prohibited from aircraft manufacture BMW branched out into other manufacturing fields, bikes among them. Its first engine, the vintage motorcycles engine M2B15 flat-twin rolled off the line in 1921, a version of which was incorporated within the company’s first fully fledged vintage motorcycles two years later.
Where? BMW Motorrad is headquartered alongside wider BMW Group operations, in Munich, Germany. The classic motorcycles themselves are manufactured at the company’s Berlin plant, one of its oldest and which has been responsible for putting up for sale 2.2 million bikes onto the world’s road. It also has a motorcycle assembly plant in Brazil.
What? Commuters, Enduros, Scooters, Sports, Supersports, Tourers.
Website? Click for the official BMW Motorrad UK site.
- Independent expertise- we’ll work hard to find you the best bike insurance quote from our panel of specialist insurers.
- Discounts – save through owners club membership, approved security or advanced riding qualifications.
- Easy payment options*
* For new policies initial 10% payment required, then 10 monthly direct debits. For renewals 10 monthly direct debits. Interest payable. Please ask for details. Terms and conditions apply to security, advanced riding and owners club discounts. Please ask for details..
- Specialist schemes – motoring convictions, limited mileage, imported Chinese motorbikes, born again bikers.
- Instant cover
- Experts in custom and classic motorcycle insurance.
FOR A GREAT QUOTE call 0330 024 0087
For the best quote chat to our friendly and informed UK-based call centre team
the principal call centre team - AT YOUR SERVICE
- An independent broker, we source the best quotes from the UK’s leading specialist insurers.
- With no call length targets, our experts take the time to find you the best deal.
- We’re here to help – with dedicated claims and customer service support.
- Our freephone quotes hotline open weekdays 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm.